Sunday 29 July 2012

GHOSTLY APPARITION ON OLD LOURDES PHOTOGRAPH

A ghostly apparition from Lourdes is quickly becoming a major talking point in one Limerick city’s accessories shop.
A photo taken of a group of parishioners who travelled to Lourdes nearly 60 years ago has captured what appears to be a ghostly apparition behind the congregation.
The photo, which is in the window of Glow Fashion Accessories on Denmark Street, has been causing quite a stir among passers-by since it was put on display by the shop owner Deirdre O’Grady last week.
The eerie image shows a group shot of the Franciscan Pilgrimage to Lourdes in 1962.
However it wasn’t until six weeks ago that the supernatural figure was spotted by its owners while redecorating.
“The photo was hanging in my husband’s parents’ house for 50 years,” says Deirdre O’Grady. “My sister-in-law was part of the group which had travelled as part of the Franciscan Pilgrimage to Lourdes in 1962 and the photo had been hanging on the wall since. It was only in the last few weeks my brother-in-law took it down as he was repainting the house and the apparition in the photo was spotted,” she explains.
“The image had gone unnoticed until six weeks ago. My brother-in-law Des showed it to me three weeks ago and I thought it was fantastic and that it should be shown,” adds Deirdre.
“I decided to put it up in the window last week and within a day it had attracted a lot of attention,” she says.
“I don’t know what it is myself,” says Deirdre. “I’m open minded and I’m leaving it open to being scrutinised. People are welcome to come and make up their own minds. I’ll be leaving it up for the next week at least,” she adds.

Source: LimerickLeader

My view? I wish newspapers would actually show what is alleged to be an apparition rather than making posed photographs. It makes life a lot more easier!
Thanks For Making This Possible! Kindly Bookmark and Share it.

Technorati Digg This Stumble Stumble Facebook Twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment